Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Play Food





Since it is C's birthday, I wanted to talk about probably his all- time favorite "toy" and it's pretend food; play food. Now I've seen this done plenty of ways- you can spend money on the plastic or wooden version at the toy store. If
you are crafty and have some time, you can make fake food from felt. If I were only so talented I would, it can look really beautiful.




Over the years, C acquired a few sets of the plastic stuff. But I just wanted to call your attention to recycling food packaging. Empty oatmeal cylinders, cereal boxes, spaghetti noodle boxes, rinsed out plastic condiment bottles and juice cartons. It is the very cheapest play food! And you can cycle the old out as you eat the new, bringing excitement back to playing house all over again!

Share recycling with your children.
Is this the world you want to leave them?

No comments:

Post a Comment