Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Go Beyond a Book Today

It's raining. It's pouring.
Staying inside can be boring.
Picked out a book.
About a cook.
Now the kitchen we are touring!

Today I challenge you to go beyond a book. Read one of your favorites and then choose an activity to do that goes with it. We read Jake Baked the Cake by B.G. Hennessy today, and now we're going to make paper chefs hats and I think I'll even let my little chef join me in making dinner tonight. It's easy to extend the learning beyond a book. Read a book about construction workers and build a tower of blocks or paper cups. Read about bugs and go find some to observe. Read about fish then make your way to the pet store. See how easy this is?

Come back and share what you did here so we can bounce ideas off of each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment