Monday, April 20, 2009

My Philosophy of Early Childhood Education


Play to Know, Play to Grow


After birth, brain cells are making connections all the time. Connections are made when a child has experiences that make the child think. The connections get stronger the more the child uses them and they become a basis for how the child thinks. My role as a teacher is to provide plenty of real-life; hands-on experiences so growing brains make a multitude of connections!

Children should get to freely explore and engage the environment and materials that surround them, therefore learning at their own pace and about the subject matter that interests them, making learning more relevant and meaningful.

Play is necessary for growing healthy brains and bodies.

I look at what children already know about the world around them and then provide every child gentle guidance as needed to assist them in getting to the next level of learning.

I use everyday experiences to teach so that children are learning without even realizing they are “being taught” because they are having FUN!

I recognize that getting ready for kindergarten is important to future academic success so I teach and then practice the fundamental skills in a positive learning environment.

My message to parents is that we are both teachers of children, traveling different paths, but searching for the same things….

we both want what is best for your child!
It is my pleasure to share in that journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment