Monday, April 20, 2009

This Blog Serves a Purpose

Through my education and experiences in the field of early childhood education, I've gathered so many ideas that I wished I would've known about sooner, as a parent, to implement with my own children during that crucial period of early childhood education. Many were so simple and fun that it would have taken no more than a few minutes of my time as a stay-at-home-mom to put together a meaningful learning experience for my child.

I don't lay claim to the ideas given here as being my own original ideas, rather borrowed from here and there and often adapted to fit the developmental needs of young children.

Occasionally, I might link to an article or website that parents might find helpful or interesting. I'll try to hit each curriculum area- specifically Art, Literacy, Math & Science (also called Discovery), Sand & Water (also called Sensory), Music & Movement, Dramatic Play, and Cooking.

And as teachers out there know, education never stops. I want to continue my learning so if you have any tips or treasured ideas, I love feedback and comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment